Sunday, December 13, 2009

necessary madness

"Necessary Madness" by Jenn Crowell was a 1990s sensation as she wrote it as a teenager - it's still a good book and quite impressive. I like when the main character meets her love and he says, "I want to marry you" and she says, "I want to be you."

Finally finished "The Pursuit of Love" and "Love in a Cold Climate" by Mitford. Very delightful and funny, I giggled out loud and craved some tea and crumpets. Reminded me of "Snobs" by Fellowes in the third-person viewpoint. Irrepressable characters and refreshingly non-judgmental about how people find happiness in life.

Also I got "Is Your Mama a Llama?" and "Animalia" from the library to read to the little mister. Very fun books. I also read "Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane" by Kate DiCamillo which broke my heart in the most life-affirming way. "If you aren't going to love or be loved, the whole journey is pointless." Those are words to live by.

Right now I'm reading "Looking for Alaska" by Peter Jenkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment