Wednesday, December 30, 2009

best books of the year

"Cold Mountain" tops the list, hands down. Beautiful and real about the power of human connections in a brutal and illogical world.

"If You Lived Here, I'd Know Your Name" was very moving and made me laugh and cry.

"Trouble" was the perfect book for my tastes - well-written, smart and thoughtful with a touch of the glam life.

"I'm So Happy for You" was something I devoured with a pleasurably guilty feeling about friends with envy. Jealousy in friendships is not something you're allowed to admit to and in this book, it's mined for gold.

"The Gastronomy of Marriage" was a book I read and reread and reread, just because it's so cozy and relateable. I sometimes feel oppressed by the "What's for dinner?" question which arises every day and she shares her own journey to find an answer.

"The Glass Castle" is an unforgettable memoir that I urged on my mother and described in great detail to my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment