Wednesday, March 10, 2010

food rules

I read "Food Rules" by Michael Pollan. It's a list of memorable standards for what to eat. I thought it was indispensible. Spend as much time eating your meal as you did cooking it. The whiter the bread, the sooner you're dead. Don't get your fuel from the same place your vehicle does.

"Homeport" by Nora Roberts is a romance novel I read in college and wanted to read again. It was very enjoyable - redhaired art historian falls in love with art thief and they have to find the killer... It's a Snickers for the brain.

"One Hundred Demons" by Lynda Barry is a comic about things she is ashamed of - I actually put it down because the first discussion was about fleas. Just distasteful.

"In The Town All Year Round" by Rotraut Berner is a utterly delightful picture book with colored pencil drawings of a happy, picturesque, busy town. People go to the park, to the train station, chase a dog, have a birthday party. It's totally adorable and I want to move into this friendly German town!

Currently I'm reading "Cutting for Stone" by Verghese. It's already amazingly good.

No comments:

Post a Comment