Sunday, May 9, 2010

Next up!

I have two New Yorker issues to catch up on.

I went to the bookstore yesterday and got Richard Wolffe's "Renegade" - I read it when it first came out and loved it. I mean, the story of the campaign is stranger then fiction. Also more dramatic, more hilarious, more mind-boggling and more meaningful than fiction. "Renegade" dutifully retells the story we all lived through with the characters we all got to know too well - but because the hero won and saved the day, I want to hear the story again and again.

I also came home with two other books that were discounted and intriguing. "The Heart is a Lonely Hunter" by Carson McCullers is a book I read in high school and wanted to reread. "People of the Book" by Geraldine Brooks sounds too tasty - a literary mystery that sweeps across 600 years.

And at the library, I have a ton of children's books awaiting me! I requested a bunch of books that Gwyneth Paltrow recommended in her GOOP newsletter.

No comments:

Post a Comment